Thursday, March 5, 2009

Howdy...

I am 27 years old and I am from a small town outside of Houston. My parents have worked hard for what they have and they have instilled in me a desire to seek that which is right, fair and just. They raised me to value a foundation of good morals, a tireless work ethic, and a strong sense of independence. I was fortunate to have the opportunity to graduate from college and I am now working towards the goals in my life.

This blog was really born out of a few different emotions, one of which is frustration and just feeling the need to vent. Second, I was tired of complaining. I thought it was time for me to do something about it instead of just whining to those around me. Yes, I could write my congressmen, but I wanted something more. I wanted to engage people because I felt like no one cared about the situation we are in. You may say you care, but do you care enough to do something more than just being mad about it? Where is our voice as an American people? Woodrow Wilson once made this statement, “You are not here merely to make a living. You are here to enable the world to live more amply, with greater vision, and with a finer spirit of hope and achievement. You are here to enrich the world. You impoverish yourself if you forget this errand.”

Let me be upfront about myself. I consider myself a Conservative but do not confuse that with the Republican party of today.  Frankly, I am embarrassed by the Republican party as of late. I’m not here to solely endorse a certain political party, nor to oppose any other. It is not my goal to get you to believe what I believe, or to think the way I think. My goal is to simply get you to think, to face some of the issues, and hopefully encourage you to make a difference somehow. I believe Bill Clinton said it best when he said, “There is nothing wrong with America that cannot be cured by what is right with America.” I hope you enjoy this blog and by all means, please leave comments if you like. I leave you with this quote.

“Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is a force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master. Never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action.” -George Washington

The government has a boss, and we are it.

No comments:

Post a Comment